Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Aunt Jessica

I found out yesterday that I'm going to be an aunt.

After two years of trying (and, no, I don't want to know what that entails), my sister Lil and her husband Bear are going to be having a baby.

I've been trying to figure out how old the little bean is, but I'm not entirely sure how this works. I found the following information:

  • Day 1 - conception takes place.
  • 7 days - tiny human implants in mother’s uterus.
  • 10 days - mother’s menses stop.
  • 18 days - heart begins to beat.
  • 21 days - pumps own blood through separate closed circulatory system with own blood type.
If you take the pregnancy test because you missed your period, that would mean that the baby is at least 10 days old, right? It could also mean that the baby is a bit older than that too...I think.

In any case, sometime in the next two weeks, my very first niece or nephew (or nieces or nephews or niece and nephew) will experience the very first beats of his/her/their tiny little hearts.

Then they're going to grow some feet and start kicking to enact the revenge their grandmom has long hope for!

4 comments:

  1. By my best calculations, the baby/babies are 18 days old as of today (Wednesday). Which means the heart(s) started beating today and that might explain why I was so darn hungry all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So actually yesterday was 21 days. I counted this time with a calender.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also hate the word menses! 22 days. That means the baby has it's own blood type!! I vote for O- because, as we all know, that's the greatest of all the blood types.

    ReplyDelete