After two years of trying (and, no, I don't want to know what that entails), my sister Lil and her husband Bear are going to be having a baby.
I've been trying to figure out how old the little bean is, but I'm not entirely sure how this works. I found the following information:
- Day 1 - conception takes place.
- 7 days - tiny human implants in mother’s uterus.
- 10 days - mother’s menses stop.
- 18 days - heart begins to beat.
- 21 days - pumps own blood through separate closed circulatory system with own blood type.
In any case, sometime in the next two weeks, my very first niece or nephew (or nieces or nephews or niece and nephew) will experience the very first beats of his/her/their tiny little hearts.
Then they're going to grow some feet and start kicking to enact the revenge their grandmom has long hope for!